Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Meditation Outside

Does it really matter whether you choose to meditate outside or inside? I think it does. Meditating outside for some of us can be a completely different experience than meditating inside. There is a number of good reasons for this. For some of us meditating in a very quiet room is the easiest way to focus, especially if you are a beginner.

If you meditate outside it can be vary hard to quiet the chatter in your head because there are many different distractions in your surroundings. The reality is that in life we are constantly being bombarded by all kinds of distractions, so if you desire the peace that comes into your life by meditating despite all the distractions, perhaps it can be beneficial to learn how to focus despite all the distractions that might be coming in. Five Minuets from where I used to live there was a high bank on a river.

I used to go to the a spot all the way to the top, that is where I would go to sit and meditate. It was may favorite spot because I could see fifty feet down, hear the water rushing down and smell the plants around me. Meditating in that spot wasn't only comfortable because of all the nature surrounding me, but its also different from meditating in my room.

Perhaps mediating there was more comforting because I was not worried that my phone was going to ring or someone would come knocking on my door, I could focus on my senses really easily. After I finished meditating I would open my eyes, then I would look around as if I was seeing for the first time. If you haven't tried meditating outside then try it next time, go to a place where you can be alone, sit in front of a tree or on a hill and experience it.

Andy J. has been writing articles for about two years now. Make sure to visit his newest website on Social Anxiety at http://socialanxiety101.com/

Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Andy_J.



View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment