Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Using Affirmations For Meditative Purposes

I turn to the Bible for affirmations to use for meditative purposes. Psalm 31 provides affirmations that help me meditate on the goodness and love of God. These verses affirm me as a dearly loved child of God.

In You, Oh Lord, I put my trust... Psalm 31:1 Troubles happen, crises occur, and the trust I put in others is not certain. I am not able to count on family or even dear friends in all situations. There is One, however, I trust completely. I sit quietly and place myself in God's presence, knowing that I will be guided, comforted, and helped.

You are my rock and fortress... Psalm 31:3 God is my rock and fortress. God will not slip away, nor be smashed to pieces, nor swallowed up into nothing. No matter how defeated I feel, or lost, or hopeless, my rock and fortress is present for me. I can let go and relax in the presence of my Beloved Creator. I have found my home, my safe place.

Into Your hand, I commit my spirit... Psalm 31:5 These are the words that Jesus spoke. These are also my words. In my complete trust in God, I commit my spirit. I know that no matter what, my God is with me, loving me, and caring for me.

I will rejoice and be glad in Your mercy, for You have considered my trouble; You have know my soul in adversities... Psalm 31:7 Countless times, my Lord blesses me while I'm in the midst of pain and struggle. A light shines and my spirits are lifted. I see a way forward. I am filled with peace and hope.

But as for me, I trust in You, Oh Lord; I say, "You are my God."... Psalm 31:14 Sometimes I forget, and I am distracted by material things. I might think, those electronic gadgets are interesting, I wonder if I can afford that computer or that iPhone? Fortunately, I usually come to my senses and realize that I'm seeking comfort and distraction from my problems in the wrong places. Once again, I sit quietly and place myself in God's presence and affirm, "You are my God."

Make Your face shine upon You servant; save me for Your mercies' sake. Psalm 31: 16 And God does save me and bless me. No matter where I go or what troubles I face, there is One who is with me and loves me, even when I lose awareness of God's Holy Presence.

Judy Brutz is author, spiritual director, retreat leader and speaker. She lives in Idaho with her family, and enjoys nature, knitting for peace, and volunteering. I would love to hear from you.

Email contact: comments.judy@gmail.com
http://judybrutz.net

Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Judy_Brutz



View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment